Pages

Sunday 3 August 2014

Sunstone Symposium

My bags are packed and I'm ready to fly home. I've had a lovely time in Utah. I met some really interesting people and listened to some excellent papers and panels at the Sunstone Symposium - the history of excommunication, perspectives on patriarchy and the Ordain Women movement, Mormon food, the problems of heterodoxy - all sorts of fantastic stuff, and I even appeared (very briefly) during this Fox News report.

Here's Jenn and I doing the work part of the trip - presenting 'British LDS Fiction: Conflicts and Contexts.'


And here we are having fun with our friend Holly Welker.


Here's the Joseph Smith sphinx at the Gilgal Sculpture Garden, a really strange and oddly beautiful place.



Now it's back to England and back to writing. I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment